Toronto weather is finally showing promise of spring so I decided to celebrate with these darling little cheesecake parfaits. There’s something about eating dessert out of a martini glass that makes me feel like Brigitte Bardot on a young spring day. Also: shout out to the highly underrated blackberry.
This recipe is very simple (no bake) and perfect for entertaining as it yields 4 individual servings.
- 8 ounces blackberries (washed and patted dry)- (set a handful aside for garnish)
- 8 ounces raspberries (washed and patted dry)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 8 ounce block of light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon rind (do not omit)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup low fat Greek yogurt
- In a bowl, mash 8 ounces of blackberries with potato masher or fork, leaving big and small chunks. Add chia seeds and maple syrup; stir and set aside
- For the cheesecake, using a bowl with an electric mixer, beat : cream cheese, honey , vanilla, lemon juice and rind until smooth and creamy (about 2-3 minutes). Add yogurt and beat until fluffy (another minute).
- In 4 martini or parfait glasses (small bowls work too), spoon 2-3 tablespoons of blackberry mixture on bottom of each glass; then spoon cheesecake mixture on top (divide the mixture equally into the 4 glasses).
- Spoon remaining berry mixture on top, and decorate with raspberries and extra blackberries
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Find a patio