Mornings have never tasted so good since I hopped on the overnight oat train. Oats are not only an amazing source of fibre, but they stabilize your blood sugars making you less likely to crave that chocolate doughnut later in the day (win). This recipe will need to sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours prior to eating, but letting them chill overnight is best. The good thing about preparing your oats the night before is that you’ll save an extra ten minutes in the morning, which means more time to sip coffee and skim the internet (huge win). The best part: this hearty breakfast is packed with the energy you’ll need to tackle those back-to-back-to-back meetings like a champ.
Ingredients (yields 1 serving)
• ½ cup rolled oats
• ½ cup vanilla or plain almond milk
• ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I recommend fresh)
• ½ tablespoon chia seeds
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Maple syrup or honey
Instructions (No baking required)
1. Pour the oats, almond milk and chia seeds into an airtight container (mason jars work well) and stir until everything is evenly dispersed
2. Drizzle with maple syrup or honey if you want to sweeten things up
3. Add blueberries and cinnamon (mix or leave on top)
4. Refrigerate overnight
5. Open & enjoy straight from the fridge
What other flavours of overnight oats would you like to see on GLAZED?